Monday 27 July 2009

Catching Up

It's been a while since I updated the blog, but then, as this blog will detail, there has been a lot I've not had chance to do.

With University falling straight into working at Hertbeat FM, I haven't actually had the opportunity to catch up with most of my friends in Stevenage. So it was quite nice to do so last Saturday when myself and Kirsty went around a friends house for dinner.

Now it's good to catch up with friends just to firstly hear what they've been up been up to, but also because you forget the truly mental things they say:

Exhibit One: We decided Chinese would be the meal of choice. However, one of my friends turned to her husband and said, "Make sure you keep all the food separate when you dish it up." It turns out that she's always refused to eat an item of food if it's touching another item of food on the plate and that she'll completely eat one item of food before moving onto the next. I thought this was hilarious, mental and a little weird, but another friend piped up that her boyfriend was the same. Now I feel left out. I also thought that they must hate ketchup or any dinner sauce because that ends up coming into contact with everything. Yet this was acceptable, and I was appalled with the hypocrisy of it all.

Exhibit Two: The husband of the food segregator explained his puzzlement of the fact that they brought a fish for their fish tank months ago, and that soon after it had vanished. It was too big to get sucked into the water filter and didn't appear to be anywhere. At this point the food segeregator announced that she had seen the fish and it had died. So attention turned to what had happened to the fish and she announced that when she discovered the fish she was on her way to work and left it in the tank. A disgusted reaction followed, which she countered saying "Well it generates good and bad bacteria."

I didn't know fish could enjoy Yakult.

No comments:

Post a Comment