Tuesday 7 July 2009

Day Two as an Apprentice

Every things getting fairly intense. Today was a lot shorter, however, than yesterday. The main training today was working with the studio software and getting an idea of how that works. It's one of those things however, that you know you'll mess up live before you get it right. Tomorrow the training steps up another gear as I record a show off air to practice doing a full show ahead of Saturday's four hour beast. It still feels like I'm heading for the deep end, although Hertbeat have kindly provided some arm bands so I don't drown...

And the actual show is just one small aspect in world full of... well, lots of other little aspects. The production and jingles needs to be finished and edited ahead of the end of the week. I need to know how editing the website works. I need to start looking at local bands to come in and do live sessions. I need to pick my album of the week for next week. This I have at least narrowed down however. It's a choice between an a debut artist and a band no one will have heard of, but i really like... decisions!!

There is a lot more stuff than this also to consider, but I appear to have forgotten it which is neither helpful or reassuring.

Aside from Hertbeat FM matters there is the small issue of preparing a 10 minute presentation for Transport for London, which I need to complete for an assessment day... Thursday!! I'm halfway through, but I need to memorise it and prepare slides in what little time I have control over.

I'm starting to lead a double life already.

No comments:

Post a Comment