Friday 24 July 2009

Driving Lesson Numero Three

It was all going so well, and then I had one of those lessons where you just get all the basic stuff wrong.

A 'highlight' which sums up the lesson. I worked on controlled stops. In the dry runs without the car moving I was generally hopeless, not getting to the pedals quick enough. The rain was absolutely hurling out of the sky which would make the whole experience even more interesting. When it came round to actually doing the controlled stop, I managed it perfectly, stopping the car without stalling the engine. Then as I went to continue driving... I stalled the engine. Anyway the lesson by numbers:

Top Speed: 55mph
Number of times I exceeded the speed limit: Yeah, still not counting this, but it's getting better...
Number of succesful controlled stops: I've forgotten how many we did, but they all went well.
Number of times in the wrong gear: Five
Number of times I stalled the Car: Three
Number of times I swore: Once
Number of occasions where I yelled at other road users: Twice.

I think I wasn't helped with the Driving Lesson by the fact I'd been up since 5:30am to do the Breakfast Travel News. 9 hours later I was trying desperately to avoid making the travel news myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment