Monday 6 July 2009

Enter the world of blogging


I can now add blogging to the list of things that I've finally started up on the wonder of the inter-web. As with everything I take up, I like to give this new fangled stuff a year to work the bugs out before I sign up.


There's an irony there as the reason for starting this blog is that I've got a radio show... playing the best new music! Fortunately, I'm far more daring with my music listening than I am with my willingness to sign up to Internet trends, so this shouldn't be a problem. Unless I have to feature Internet trends...


Anyway, a bit more about how this blog came about. I landed a show on Hertfordhire's local radio station, Hertbeat FM, after winning an Apprentice competition on the Breakfast show. This may sound like a really easy way to get a radio show, but baking 200 promotional cakes (with my Girlfriend), touring every major Hertbeat town (again, dragging my Girlfriend around), organising an assembly in front of 400 kids to promote Bike Week, interviewing Arsenal legend Bob Wilson with just 20 minutes preparation and having to write and sing a parody song (the awful results are avaliable online at http://www.hertbeat.com/) is anything but easy.


So as I start my radioshow on Monday 13th July (is the thirteenth a bad omen?) I thought I'd document the learning process as I doggy paddle my way out of the metaphorical deep end. Then I can use the blog to jot down some witty observations. praise a fantastic bit of music or dangerously expose the inner workings of my mind onto the Internet.


Sound fun? Yeah, keep with me. It'll pick up. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment