Friday 17 July 2009

Coughs and sneezes rapidly increase the shares in hand gel companies

The whole world has gone a bit hygiene mad recently. It's about time really. Apparently as a species, humans evolve to survive. So we've seen throughout the worlds history a number of pandemics, yet still we have to be shown a advert that basically outlines, "If you sneeze in your hand, don't touch people, you grotbag!"

Good hygiene, should essentially be just good sense.

But it can go to far.

Having needed the toilet while in town today, naturally once I finished, I washed my hands. Having dried my hands, I turned to leave and saw a hand gel dispenser (like the ones in hospitals) on the wall. And I thought, what purpose can that serve, I've just washed my hands. But then the fear crept in. After I washed my hands, i pressed the hand drier button. Oh no. That could have had all sorts of germs on it, someone might have sneezed on it (like an advert i frequently see), people will have touched it with their hands (albeit the hands they would have JUST washed). So, I ended up buying into the fear, and used the hand gel dispenser on the wall. Safe at last, I thought, and then I came to the door to leave.

Oh no. That could have all sorts of germs on it....

No comments:

Post a Comment